Saturday, January 12, 2008

Nikon D40x

I bought a digital camera in Japan recently. The model is Nikon D40x. I am not a good photographer and absolutely ZERO knowledge about anything about digital camera especially digital SLR. I have a lot of colleagues who are more knowledgeable than me and sometime I just hang around them to learn a bit here and there.

Every gadgets I bought I will definitely try to connect it and access it from Linux.

1. Using USB Mass Storage

I expected this to work on Ubuntu Gutsy but unfortunately it did not because of this bug.
There is a patch available for but it is not available now as an update yet plus I am too lazy to recompile a new kernel recently.

2. Using the built-in MMC slot

My laptop had a MMC card reader. Inserted the card and voila ! Only problem is you have to take out the card from the camera.

Google just released Picassa v2.7 for Linux and installation is simple.

No comments: